Okay, so I’m sure you’re all thinking, “UpYours!”, but I’m nothing without a cheesy blog post title. If it takes a cheesy title to inspire me to blog these days, then so be it!
Oh hello! It’s been awhile. Summer is nearing its end, and to me it feels like a good time to review, reorganize, and reevaluate for the rest of the year and (maybe) the year ahead.
Where am I at right now? Let’s just say that my word counts are down, but my spirits are up. I’ve been dealing with the dreaded imposter syndrome for the last few months (2020 just won’t stop), and it’s been hard to remind myself that I am a writer, I can accomplish my goals, and I can be successful, if I put in the hard work. If any of you are similarly dealing with doubts and waning self-esteem, just know you are not the only one, and we can make it through this. Let’s focus on the positive and the things we have accomplished this year.
Here’s my list of accomplishments:
- Made a great deal of writing progress on my historical and YA romance novels
- Have a great list of blog post topics lined up for the remainder of 2020
- Have read MANY romance novels in the last few months (RESEARCH!)
- Immersed myself in many great podcasts about writing and publishing (RESEARCH!!)
- Bought an espresso machine and am learning how to pull a good shot…(because cofFeEeeEe ☕)
See, now I’m feeling better about myself and my accomplishments already. Where do I go from here?
Here’s my list of goals:
- Finish that historical romance novel! Edit!!
- Outline historical romance novel, part two
- Create writing and blogging schedule, stick to it!
- Organize writing space and make more ergonomic (take care of your spine, people)
- Keep up with social media, at least bi-weekly
That seems like a simple list, but, whew, there’s a lot there. Those items are absolutely essential for my writing journey though.
What about you? What have you accomplished or maybe failed to accomplish this year? What are your plans moving forward? I’d love to hear about ’em–comment below!